Main Forum
Page
of 2

Spring long weekend ride (March 29- April 1)

17 replies
Votes:
Forum Admin
Founder
Update
We are going to Trails End Campground near Huntsville, Tn to ride TWRA trails. We will probably arrive early on the morning of March 30th, Good Friday and be ready to ride around 9:30. We'll ride Saturday also and head home Sunday. I should have most of the trails on gps but I haven't ridden there in years so be prepared for most anything. Anyone is welcome to join us.

I'm wanting to take a long weekend ride in March or April. I'm thinking about Tennessee and TWRA trails. Anyone interested? I'm open to other locations also.
Posted Jan 24, 18 · OP · Last edited Apr 11, 18
Votes:
Possibility.
Posted Jan 29, 18
Votes:
+1
Admins
Founder
Sounds good to me, just give me the dates.
Posted Feb 5, 18
Votes:
Forum Admin
Founder
I can't go 1st weekend of April, what weekend works for most? Anyone have a preference of where?
Posted Feb 5, 18 · OP
Votes:
+1
Admins
Founder
When talking about long weekend are you thinking leave Friday and Back Monday?
Posted Feb 5, 18
Votes:
Forum Admin
Founder
Normally we leave Thursday after work, ride Friday and Saturday then go home Sunday. Trails are less busy on Friday than Sunday. If it's easier we can move back a day it's not much different.
Posted Feb 6, 18 · OP
Votes:
+1
Admins
Founder
That's fine with me just wanted to make sure which days before spitting out which weekends work better.
Posted Feb 6, 18
Votes:
+1
Admins
Founder
March 3rd, 24th and April 14th. Are the weekends that will be easiest for me, but I could prb pull off some other ones if needed.
Posted Feb 6, 18
Votes:
Forum Admin
Founder
I checked into TWRA permits and found you can buy type 71 and type 93 non residents for about $135 a year. Each vehicle needs a permit it's not per person. if you ride TWRA 5 days it is cheaper to do an annual than daily. The easiest place to go is Ride Royal Blue but it is also probably the most expensive place to go to. I've never been there so I wouldn't mind going there once. the two places I checked into are booking up for the spring already so we need to get a date pick fairly soon
Posted Feb 7, 18 · OP
Votes:
+1
Admins
Founder
So are The Royal Blue, Sundquist, New River and Tackett Creek all included with this pass?

Quote:
https://rideroyalblue.com/resources.cfm

OUT OF STATE VISITOR:

Daily Permit: Type 38, cost $40
7 day Pass: Type 72 plus Type 93, cost $84
Annual Pass: Type 71 plus Type 93, cost $133
Junior Annual (13+): Type 70 plus Type 94, cost $36

Passengers and children 12 and under ride FREE.

The Royal Blue, Sundquist, New River and Tackett Creek OHV areas consist of over 200,000 acres
and are accessible directly from our campground.
Posted Feb 8, 18
Page
of 2
NoticeNotices