Main Forum

Big trip in 2019, what's your thoughts?

6 replies
Votes:
Forum Admin
Founder
Next year we are going on a riding/vacation for 10 days to 2 weeks. Last year was Moab, 2 years before that was Maine and 3 years before that was Colorado. Ideally I would like to keep the drive at 20 hours or less so that gives us plenty of options. One of these years I want to go riding in western Arizona, southern California, Baja and Alaska but that will probably have to wait until retirement do to the travel time.

Options I have already heard or thought of myself are Moab, South Dakota and a different place in Colorado.
Even though we went to Moab last year there is plenty we haven't seen and I would be happy doing most of what we did last time again. That place is pretty incredible for riding and being a tourist.

Colorado has many options as well, the riding is good and scenery is great.

South Dakota has tons of riding but lacking on information to plan rides. Most of the riding is easy and not much challenge and requires a fair amount of trailering or road riding. Good scenery and plenty of tourist options.
That's 3 ideas, do you have a different one or a thought on one of these? Many of the areas book a year or more in advance so I will be booking fairly soon
Posted Feb 28, 18 · OP
Votes:
+1
Founder
My vote is Moab again
Posted Feb 28, 18
Votes:
4 corners area or central AZ.
Posted Mar 1, 18
Votes:
Forum Admin
Founder
wrote:
4 corners area or central AZ.
Not familiar with 4 corners area
Posted Mar 1, 18 · OP
Votes:
Goggle 4 corners OHV and you will get a ton of hits
Posted Mar 2, 18
Votes:
I am in. I want to go someplace out west since I have never ridden there. I hear good things about Moab but honestly I anywhere with adventurous trails I will be happy.
Posted Apr 13, 18
Votes:
Forum Admin
Founder
We have to make some decisions fairly soon on when and where. From the conversations I've had with a few people committed to going I think Moab is getting the most votes so far. We went there a year ago and it is pretty incredible. The riding and the views are pretty endless out there.
Posted Apr 13, 18 · OP
NoticeNotices